Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Prince or Princess?

Dear Little Baby Baum,

In one week you will tell us whether or not you're a boy or a girl.  I have to say I had a dream that your mom and I were in the doctor's office and looking at the ultra-sound and you ended up being a boy. My gut tells me that I have no idea, but my dreams have been saying boy.  Either way, I'm usually wrong according to your mom.

If you're a Prince, I will make sure that you:

  • Get a nerf hoop up as soon as you can roll over
  • Fauxhawk?
  • The first words you learn will have something to do with ducks or spurs or both
    • example first sentence: I can't get the spur out of my duck bill.
  •  Love bacon
  • Come with me to practice and games
  • Learn to treat a lady right, which means no screaming at your mom.
    • there will be about a two year learning curve here, I anticipate
  •  See the ocean as soon as possible
  • Know the importance of a strong handshake
If you're a Princess, I will make sure that you:
  • Get a nerf hoop up as soon as you can roll over
  • Have curly hair like cousin Livie for special occasions (i.e. duck games, cracker barrel, oil changes)
  • The first words you learn will have something to do with ducks or spurs or both
    • example first sentence: I can't get the spur out of my duck bill.
  •  Love bacon
  • Come with me to practice and games
  • Learn to treat a man right, which means no screaming at your dad.
    • there will be about a two year learning curve here, I anticipate
  •  See the ocean as soon as possible
I'm gonna love you no matter what or what you are, boy or girl. I'm going to try to be the best Dad in the world, and you'll have the best Mom in the world too...so you better turn out to be a good kid because you'll have no excuse.   Just kidding...but seriously.

Love,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment