Wednesday, March 9, 2011

So I'm Gonna Be a Dad

So we found out not too long ago that we're having a baby. Coley took a pregnancy test and we watched as only one line appeared. At first we thought it was negative...but I swear I willed that stupid pregnancy test to show another line and sure enough, after a few more seconds, a trip to walmart in sub-zero temperatures for more "accurate" tests (Coley thought that since the first test was bought at the dollar store that it may be faulty), and about 44 ounces of water in Coley's little bladder...I'm gonna be a dad.

At first it was a little surreal. I can't remember driving to Walmart, I remember praying a lot, I remember having gloves on that Tiff bought me for Christmas and a Hat that Dan got us for Christmas the year before, and a duck sweatshirt that I got from Coley for Christmas, but I couldn't say how long it took.  All I wanted was to be back with Coley and our little growing baby.

The next day I probably spent half of my day researching pregnancy on the internet. I read as much as I could and tried to learn about what we might expect. It was without a doubt the most exciting time in my entire life. So I'm writing this blog to have a record of anything and everything that has to do with the birth of our little baby Baum; some day, little guy (or girl as Britt suspects), we'll read this together and smile...right after you clean your room and take out the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment