Friday, April 8, 2011

I'm Sorry Mom

Dear Mom,

I know that the last few days have been kind of rough for you...and I feel like a lot of it is probably my fault. I am taking a lot of your blood away from your head...which makes you get lightheaded in the grocery store, and I know you're at the grocery store to get food to feed me (and dad) in the first place! And I'm making your uterus stretch, and your joints hurt :(

I wish so bad that there was something I could do to make you hurt less, so today I tried to make my heart beat SO strong for you and gave you some movement to hear as well (which was really me giving the heartbeat monitor a thumbs-up so you knew everything was OK here in Placenta-Land).


I was really hoping for another ultra-sound, because I had prepared some interpretive dance moves to "Mama Said Knock You Out" by LL Cool J, an homage to your light-headed-ness. But I can save that for the next one.  Speaking of which, your next appointment on May 11th, you will find out if I'm a boy or a girl.  I already know of course, but I had to promise not to say anything yet. I can't tell Dad either, because God told me that he's not the best at keeping secrets.

Anywho, I just want you to know that you're doing a great job keeping everything copacetic in here, and don't get too mad at Maggie when she steps on your tummy - I kind of like having someone to play with. I will say this though, can you let Dad go get us Frosty's from Wendy's tonight? I'm kind of craving them...(Dad told God to tell me to tell you that).

So I am so sorry that you're going through all this, I know it must be stressful. I'll try to be as good as I can be; but, with everything you're sacrificing just know that I am so appreciative of what you're going through so that I can belong to you. If my tear ducts were fully developed it would make me teary eyed just thinking about it.

I can't wait to see you for the first time! God says you're in his top 3 most gorgeous and favorite creations! He also mentioned Kim Kardashian, and Natalie Portman...it's funny but dad wasn't mentioned in any of God's favorite lists except for the "Top Works in Progress" list, and "Loves his Wife the Most" lists.

I better go though, we're working on creating some higher level brain functions this week so I really need to focus. 

I'm so lucky to have you as my mom!

Love,

Baby Baum

2 comments:

  1. I seriously just got teary hearing that heartbeat. I remember it so well from my own kids. It's amazing!! Good strong heart beat buddy! Also, love the new blog look! How in the world did you get pictures to add in the frames? I've been trying to do that forever, then again, I'm not too technology savvy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DITTO TIFF! Hahaha, it's hard work! Good job Baby Baum! I love you! P.S. the heart beat is my favorite part of my appointments too :)

    ReplyDelete